Effective Date: April 1, 2020
- We only collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it on the HCRF Site.
- We do not sell, share or exchange your personal information with non-affiliated third parties.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect only information that is reasonably necessary to facilitate and optimize the Site and the activities available on them.
Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily
You may be asked to provide some personally identifiably information to participate in some activities on the Site. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us, you can choose not to submit your information. However, this may prevent your participation in these activities. This may include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving podcast updates. We may ask you to provide the necessary information to subscribe to or receive updates about HCRF podcasts and to submit ideas for podcast topics through the Site. We do not collect personally identifiably information where you subscribe to HCRF podcasts through third-party podcast service providers such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, etc.
- Subscribing to a newsletter. You may receive optional newsletter communications from HCRF by signing up on the Site, at events, or becoming a donor, sponsor or volunteer. If you opted to receive a particular newsletter, you may always unsubscribe later if you decide not to receive further mailings from us. Your e-mail address and associated data is stored and processed by third-party service providers.
- Making a donation. We will ask you to provide the necessary information to process and service your donation or sponsorship. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing and mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and payment information.
- Becoming a volunteer. We will ask you to provide the necessary information to sign up to become a volunteer for the HCRF. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. We use this information to contact you regarding volunteer opportunities and information.
- Contacting Us. We will ask you to provide the necessary information to contact you regarding any content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us” link on our website).
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the HCRF Site, we may also collect and store certain non-personally identifiable information automatically through the website’s standard server logs. This information helps us personalize and maximize the online experience you and other visitors have with the Site. This allows us to measure analytics, manage, and improve the services available on the Site. This information does not identify you personally and may include, but is not limited to: date and time of visit, IP address, browser type, operating system time, the referring Site, type of device you used, and a general geographic area from which you’re accessing it from.
- Cookies and web beacons. In order to provide optimal services and convenience we may use common Site tracking technologies, including cookies, pixels, and tags. These are temporary bits of code placed in your web browser that allows HCRF to track how you use the Site and facilitates communication when you browse the Site and store your preferences. No personal information is ever stored in a HCRF cookie, even if you have entered your name or email address on other parts of the Site. You may have the ability to set your browser to refuse to accept cookies, though some parts of the Site may not function properly if cookie acceptance is disabled and you may not be able to fully utilize the Site.
- Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser, and we do not obligate our third party partners to change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
- Third party tracking. We may utilize Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to provide us comprehensive analytics to assist us in tracking issues and improving the Site. Third parties, including those advertising on the Site, may also use tracking technologies to follow your use of the Site or advertisements placed on the Site. HCRF does not control third party tracking.
2. THIRD PARTY LINKS, WEBSITES AND SERVICES
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
In some circumstances, we may share information we collect from you with authorized third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to provide and improve the Site, podcasts, live content feeds, e-mailing, donorship and volunteer processing.
5. FINANCIAL DONATIONS AND SPONSORSHIPS
When you make donations and/or provide sponsorships through our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including your contact details (such as your name, address, telephone and email), and your billing information (such as your credit card number and the date that your card expires).
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete it from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. SOCIAL NETWORKS
8. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
HCRF maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Site. HCRF stores your information using reasonable security precautions and for only as long as we think reasonably necessary. We make every effort to ensure that all of the transactions that occur on the Site are secure. For example, the Site uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal data. However, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties to unlawfully intercept transmissions.
10. CONTACT US
Attn: Executive Director
Healthcare Consumer Rights Foundation
481 N Santa Cruz Ave, #116
Los Gatos, CA 95030